- Resilience Cards - to help us become more confident in the face of adversity
Resilience Cards - to help us become more confident in the face of adversity
A set of double-sided cards designed to help us become more confident in the face of adversity; short prompts on one side are accompanied by illustrative photographs on the reverse.
We often overestimate how fragile we are. In our nightmares, we assume that life would become impossible for us far earlier than it actually would. In reality, we could manage perfectly well with a lot less than we currently have. Not that we should want this to happen, of course: it’s simply that we could bear it. We forget our resilience in the face of risk and become unnecessarily timid. Our lives become dominated by a fear of losing things that we could in fact do without. This set of cards is designed to gently remind us that we are far stronger than we imagine.
Reminders for Resilience - Extracts from the Card Set
- 3 a.m. alone in bed is perhaps not the optimal moment at which to derive a true picture of reality. Wait – always – for the perspective of dawn.
- Things don’t need to be perfect; we are creatures eminently suited to ‘good enough’.
- It sounds heartless to say: ‘you’ll get over it’. But you will.
- The brain is designed to exaggerate troubles. We suffer more in our thoughts than in reality.
- Loneliness may be more pleasant than the compromises of false community.
- We really need only one counsel in the end: This too shall pass...
- Most of what we’ve ever learnt came to us in periods of suffering.
- You aside, no one is carefully keeping track of your idiocies.
- Rather than admire the new and pristine, we should make a cult of mended things.
60 cards in box | 100mm x 80mm x 22mm
AVAILABILITY: In stock (349 items)
PRODUCT TYPE: Colouring Book
Mindful colouring gives us an opportunity to pause and take stock of what's going on inside ourselves. It comes in a pack of 5 large A2 size posters and focuses on 5 mindful qualities which we found were most challenging...
AVAILABILITY: In stock (8 items)
A set of calming prompt cards that offer perspective and help us to find serenity. It isn’t that we ever forget the value of calm, just that losing our composure is a constant risk. Every day brings with it new...
AVAILABILITY: In stock (5 items)
Finding a job we can love and that makes use of our talents is the single greatest challenge we face. Unsurprisingly, many of us regularly hit career crises: moments of intense anxiety about finding our true vocation in the time...
AVAILABILITY: In stock (2 items)
We too often assume that we must accept the levels of confidence we currently possess. However, confidence is not a given: it is a quality we can learn about and develop in ourselves. These confidence prompt cards keep a variety...