T-trade and Post-it are two separate, complete business negotiation and influencing activities in one box.
T-trade was co-designed with IMD. Three sub-teams negotiate for scarce resources to complete different individual goals.
Post-iT explores influencing and communication as three remote teams work on the same task - this activity needs collaborative effort to succeed.
The T-trade negotiation training game actually contains two activities:
T-trade: A practice field for inter-team negotiations
The T-trade exercise is designed to be used in a context in which business negotiations are important for success in achieving individual or organisational goals. It involves three groups, each trying to achieve the best business outcome for themselves but needing to 'make deals' with other groups in order to be successful. How do they go about making mutually acceptable agreements and yet maintain their focus on achieving the best individual team results they can?
Post-iT: Building relationships between remote teams
The Post-iT exercise offers an alternative to T-trade if you wish the emphasis to be more on remote teamwork & communication, and the building of relationships between teams engaged on the same task but working at a distance from each other (time and space). How much is assumed about what information and knowledge other teams possess, and what styles and manner of communication can build or destroy relationships? What is the best business outcome for themselves but needing to ‘make deals’ with other groups in order to be successful? How do they go about making mutually acceptable agreements and yet maintain their focus on achieving the best individual team results they can?
This is used as:
- A business coaching tool during business management coaching and corporate workshops
- An experiential learning activity to develop business negotiation skills among teams
- A coaching and mentoring tool to teach team members how to influence people
- A teambuilding exercise to build better collaboration and teamwork with remote teams
- A facilitation tool to teach teams how to build better business relationships with others
Highly recommended for:
- Managers and team leads
- Business negotiators
- Teams with members working remotely
- Business coaches and facilitators
- Training facilitators
RSVP Design: World leading Experiential learning tools