- Table Talk Placecards - 40 Placecards with 80 Questions for Sparking Meaningful and Revealing Conversations Around the Table
Table Talk Placecards - 40 Placecards with 80 Questions for Sparking Meaningful and Revealing Conversations Around the Table
40 Placecards with 80 Questions for Sparking Meaningful and Revealing Conversations Around the Table
A meal with friends is only ever as good as the questions we ask one another. Too often, we fall back on polite but not so inspired staples: 'Have you got anything special planned for the weekend?' 'What do you do?', and so on.
But there are better kinds of questions - questions that work like magic keys that open up our hearts, draw out our memories and prompt our latent reserves of generosity, fun and interest.
This pack collects 80 of these sorts of questions to ensure a meal together can be at once meaningful, entertaining and touching. Laid out on placecards, the questions gently and charmingly pull our fellow diners towards the sort of topics that matter most to our deeper selves - and help us get the most out of one another.
- Use 1 card per place setting.
- Fold each card in half and add your guest's name. Now you can select who sits next to whom.
- Each card has 2 questions. Prompt your guests to use them over the meal as a way to get to know their neighbours and have more interesting and meaningful conversations.
- What do other people not understand about you?
- What do you worry about in the middle of the night?
- Which three adjectives capture important things about you?
- When you feel upset, how - ideally - would you like to be comforted?
- What's the best way to break up a relationship?
- If you were braver, what would you be doing with your life?
- In what ways is your family especially odd?
- What have your learnt about yourself in the past year?
- What do you look for in a very close friend?
- What kind of character trait that you don't possess do you find attractive in others?
40x double sided placecards | 400gsm card | 102 x 92 x 27mm
AVAILABILITY: In stock (3 items)
20 Menus with 12 questions per menu, across varying themes - to foster friendship and bring meals to life. We typically spend a lot of time getting the food right when we invite others over for a meal, but in...
AVAILABILITY: In stock (19 items)
A Toolkit for Conversations It isn’t easy to get into a good conversation. Many of our best ones seem to have happened by chance. Far from it – we believe a great conversation always starts with someone asking a great...
AVAILABILITY: In stock (8 items)
It isn’t always easy for families to relate, but good conversation can play a part in building a strong connection between generations. Inside this box you will find 100 carefully composed questions designed to get you into imaginative, thought-provoking conversations...
AVAILABILITY: In stock (2 items)
True fulfilment is hard to imagine without the possibility of finding work that not only pays but also taps our talents and aspirations: a job one can love. Such work is, of course, hard to find. Inside this box you...
AVAILABILITY: Out of Stock
The best encounters with friends are those where we can talk honestly about what's going on in our lives, sharing triumphs, joys, fears and longings - without the usual shyness or reserve. The Confessions Game is designed to get a...