- Storytelling for Leaders Template
Storytelling for Leaders Template
VENDOR: All Lined Up
There are FOUR two-hour online workshops in this course.
Workshop 1: What are business stories and why are they important, How do they help you connect?
Workshop 2: Communicating decisions, changes, ideas, and strategies.
Workshop 3: Overcoming entrenched views and demonstrating value.
Workshop 4: Bringing it all together and embedding story.
Influence without relying on authority.
Build fast rapport.
Change minds and inspire action.
Anecdote’s Storytelling for Leaders program will teach you the techniques you need to better influence, engage and inspire others – just as thousands of leaders already have, from Melbourne to New York, London to Singapore.
And all the learning is online, interactive, and instructor-lead.
It’s organised into four 2-hour sessions with bridging activities between sessions to ensure the learning sticks.
Organisations are evolving fast. Structures are flatter and reporting lines more complex. Employees and customers are spread around the world. And everyone is deafened by the ‘noise’ of information inundation. Yet the modern leader still needs to be able to influence and persuade in this constantly fluid environment … and this leadership occurs at all levels in an organisation.
The sharing of stories orally is a powerful way of cutting through regardless of the medium (online or f2f). When we share stories (real-life examples) to make a business point, people ‘get’ what we are saying – and they remember it. This is the case whether we are communicating informally (which is what we do most of the time) or in a more formal environment such as a presentation or pitch.
MORE THAN JUST STORYTELLING
Storytelling for Leaders will teach you a systematic method for becoming a better, more confident business storyteller. However, the program goes further. You will also learn how to use the magic of stories to get more from others—story-listening is the art of getting others to share stories. You’ll learn how to elicit stories from others, building stronger connections, and gaining a better understanding of what’s really happening.
At the highest level, the program helps participants to influence, engage and inspire. Participants who fully engage with the workshop and the Deliberate Practice Program can expect the following outcomes:
- your presentations will be the ones people are talking about;
- your messaging will be much more concise, more understandable and more engaging;
- you’ll be much more successful when pitching ideas, funding proposals, and client propositions;
- you’ll communicate strategies, decisions, and changes in ways that people understand, remember and engage with;
- people with strongly held views will be more open to changing their mind and seeing your point of view; and you’ll be more authentic and credible.
TEACHING STORYTELLING SKILLS AND MAKING THEM STICK
Storytelling for Leaders is not a one-off event, but a complete 6-month program. It includes:
- Online Storytelling for Leaders is delivered as 4 x 2-hour Zoom-based instructor-led workshops. A bridging activity between each workshop helps to embed the learning.
- Workshop 1:What are business stories and why are they important, how do they help you connect?
- Workshop 2:Communicating decisions, changes, ideas and strategies.
- Workshop 3:Overcoming entrenched views and demonstrating value.
- Workshop 4:Bringing it all together and embedding story.
- Our unique Deliberate Practice Program (DPP). This six-month workplace-based program includes 24 weekly micro-learning activities to embed and enhance what was learned in the workshop. Much of the valuable learning will occur when you apply these skills in the workplace. You also get six months online access to your presenter to ask questions and get feedback. Participants also get access to the Storytelling for Leaders® Online Resource Centre that provides additional resources, videos, etc. for each aspect of the program.
The Deliberate Practice Program includes online support, with the opportunity to ask questions and share your experiences at any time. “The workshop covered a lot of territory in a way that combined analytical rigour with a clear and informal delivery. I recommend it without reservation.”
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Storytelling for Leaders is beneficial to anyone whose role requires them to influence, engage, and inspire others. Previous participants have included leaders, project managers, salespeople, consultants, and trainers.
What setup do I need for the webinars? You’ll need a quiet location with good broadband access. It helps a lot if you have a good quality microphone and you’ll get more from our visuals if you have at least a laptop-size screen. Please have yourself well lit so the other participants can see you well. We’ll be practicing oral stories and we want to be able to see your facial expressions and body language. For the story coaching between webinars, you’ll need the WhatsApp program installed on your smartphone.
What course materials do I get? As soon as you register we’ll send a physical copy of the course workbook. You’ll be able to use a temporary PDF file of the workbook and exercises if we can’t get the workbook to you in time for the first webinar.
What can I do to prepare for the event? Please bring a case study example from your business—that is, the details about another customer that succeeded with your products and services. We’ll turn it into a story.
This powerful program, developed by Anecdote International, has been successfully used by global organisations like Gartner, IBM, Mars and Shell for years.
Want to know more? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me
Jaya Machet at +65 9273 5715