This deceptively simple puzzle is used to improve creative thinking skills, problem solving & innovation skills by raising awareness about benefits and limitations of using previous experience in new situations.
Used to examine and challenge thinking patterns of individuals and groups, this exercise uncovers assumptions that drive behaviour, with learning accessible for any level of participant. It is often used as a relevant ice-breaker or a challenging ‘warm-up’ activity for a problem solving or planning team, in advance of tackling ‘real-life’ problems.
There are four puzzles provided per set to allow a group of up to 16 to work together in four sub-groups.
Challenging Assumptions is commonly used globally in many Business Schools including CCL, IMD, Thunderbird & Ashridge, and Executive Development programmes in organisations such as Sony Music, PWC & World Business Council for Sustainable Development.
This is one of the most popular learning activities developed within RSVP Design.
This is used as:
- An ice-breaker during teambuilding activities, business workshops and training
- A creative problem-solving exercise during team planning ang meetings
- An alternative to the Marshmallow Spaghetti Tower challenge
- A warm-up activity before starting team meetings and planning sessions
Highly recommended for:
- Managers and team leads
- Business leaders
- Business coaches and facilitators
- Human resource departments
- Agile and Scrum workshops
- Design Thinking workshops
RSVP Design: World leading Experiential learning tools