Colour your way to a better you.
7 of the top 30 titles on Amazon’s 2015 best-seller list are adult colouring books, that’s nearly a quarter of the best-seller list. There is plenty of research showing that engaging in creative activity helps people deal better with stress and that helps them in their personal life and they perform better at work. There are strong views about whether colouring can be considered to be a ‘real’ creative activity. Nonetheless people who colour certainly see the activity as relaxing and stress-relieving.
In our busy lives we often don’t make time for ourselves and can find it hard to relax and recharge. Mindful colouring gives us an opportunity to pause and take stock of what’s going on inside ourselves.
When we observe our thoughts, what we see depends on - what we pay attention to.
We have designed five colouring experiences which will allow you to practice and develop five different ways of being. These five qualities have been carefully selected based on our experience of what executives find most challenging to cultivate.
Gentle attention to the colouring will strengthen your ability to bring these attitudes in your day to day life, generating long term well-being and happiness.
Myriam Combier’s experience of textile design has enabled us to create a textured and detailed feel for five mindful qualities:
- Beginner's Mind: the capacity to see life with an increasingly fresh and open perspective - Colour with Beginner’s Mind
- Non Judging: the capacity to think with greater balance and breadth - Colour with Non Judging
- Letting Go: to have greater clarity and focus on what is here and now and reduce mental distractions - Colour with Letting Go
- Acceptance: the wisdom to see 'what is’ and adapt to change with greater agility - Colour with Acceptance
- Patience: the capacity to be truly with life’s ups and downs with great calm and clarity - Colour with Patience
Ready to begin your adventure – keep the quality in mind - Breathe...